Skip to main content

Back to Main Blog Listing

New Beginnings

December 28, 2018

The New Year is filled with promises and new beginnings; it’s a fresh chapter waiting to begin.

Broken New Year’s resolutions are more common than you think. Approximately 80% of resolutions fail within the first month. This year instead of saying “this is the year I will …..”

Simply make a promise to just live better and longer.

  1. Change Your Perspective on Aging.
    Those who have a positive view, not only look and feel younger but have less cognitive decline.
  2. Stimulate Your Brain.
    Continue to read, write and interact with others on a daily basis. Social relationships can not only improve our lives, but lengthen it as well.
  3. Get Regular Exercise.
    Start slow and work your way up to at least 2 hours of moderate activity every week. That’s only about 17 minutes a day!

10% of your longevity is determined by your genes but the other 90% is in your hands! You’ll find a lot can be achieved just by being better. Why not get this year started on the right foot.

2023 Best Workplace 2021 Best Workplace 2019 Best Workplace 2019 Best Workplace 2018 Best Workplace
Virginia Living Best of 2018 licensed by the Virginia  Dept of Health and the Virginia Dept of Social and Services licensed by the  Virginia State Corporation Commission Bureau of Insurance as our life care contracts are treated as life insurance by the SCC leading age virginia leading age virginia