Masonic Senior Independent Living in Virginia
With two styles of senior independent living, MAHOVA has cottages and apartments available for its paying residents. In the Masonic Village, you will find forty-five units, with carport or garage, while in the “big house” are nine Masonic senior housing apartments, including four newly renovated units.
At this level, residents are able to care for themselves, but want the peace of mind that comes with entering the continuum of care we offer. These units are available to paying residents and those aged as young as sixty years old.
Independent Living Choices
Independent Living Apartments
Well-maintained, quiet and peaceful, our units are ready for immediate occupancy. Caring staff provide delicious meals, maintenance, regular changes of linen, healthcare support and dozens of activities. Our community is licensed to provide a continuum of care, from independent living to around the clock care.
B Wing Apartment slide show.
Amenities and Services
The following services are but an example of what is provided to all residents of our Home by a dedicated, caring professional staff:
- Housekeeping services twice weekly
- Weekly change of bed linens
- Routine room maintenance
- Three meals per day
- Personal laundry services for residents unable to launder their own clothing
- Daily group and individual activities
- Regularly scheduled transportation to shopping centers
- As requested, issuance of resident’s medication
- Upon request, assistance in selecting physician services
- Transportation to local medical appointments
- The peace of mind from living in a gated community
Further details of these summarized services are available upon request by calling our Admissions Coordinator toll-free at 1-800-262-4644, extension 177295 for further information.
Who can live at MAHOVA? (please contact us for specific details):
- Must be a Mason
- Minimum age of sixty-five for men and sixty-two for women
- Husband of a couple or the deceased husband of a widow must be a member of a Virginia Masonic Lodge.
- Wives must have been married to the Mason for at least five years prior to application.
- Widows must have been married to the Mason for at least five years prior to his death and must not have remarried.
- Other relatives of Masons are also eligible. Details are available upon request.
Our community has an entrance fee and very reasonable monthly fees. Our fees are based on the living style and size of home selected and the needed services. So please contact us to discuss the details.