Masonic Village Cottages – Independent Living in Richmond VA
A vital element of our retirement community is the Masonic Village. Here, forty-five attractive cottages await any eligible Mason, his wife or widow. In exchange for an entrance fee and a monthly maintenance fee, Villagers receive care for their cottage, both inside and out, join friends at a daily meal in the Home’s dining room and participate in other community activities.
Our Featured Home
Step into this recently renovated two-story 3 bedroom/3 bath brick home which features hardwood floors on the lower level, dual-zone heating and cooling, ceramic tile in the kitchen and bathrooms along with granite countertops. This home also offers a spacious deck and fenced backyard without any of the maintenance. If you are interested in reserving this beautiful home and meet the admissions criteria, please contact Susan Berryhill, Admissions Coordinator at 804-222-1694 ext. 77295 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
Designed for independent living, there are some significant health care benefits available for cottage residents. Perhaps most importantly, thirty days of assisted living or skilled nursing in the Masonic Home following surgeries or temporary health issues are provided free of charge on an annual basis.
Additionally, permanent transfers from the Masonic Village to a higher level of care in the Masonic Home are streamlined and can be done regardless of the health or financial situation of the resident.
Each cottage is designed to meet the needs of active community members. Fully equipped kitchens, two bedrooms, sunrooms where available and a well-manicured yard await each Villager. Because of this independent lifestyle, Village applicants who otherwise meet the Masonic membership criteria can be as young as sixty years of age.
The following list is not all-inclusive of the many services provided:
- One meal daily in the general Dining Room
- Housekeeping services every other week
- Trash pick up twice weekly
- Interior and exterior maintenance
- Monthly pest control
- Lawn care and snow removal
- Organized activity opportunities
- Access to the Home’s extensive library
- The peace of mind from living in a gated community
For more information, call our Admissions Coordinator toll-free at 1-800-262-4644, extension 77295
- Ability and desire to live independently
- Minimum age of sixty
- Husband of a couple or the deceased husband of a widow must be a member of a Masonic Lodge
- Wives must have been married to the Mason for at least five years prior to application
- Widows must have been married to the Mason for at least five years prior to his death and must not have remarried
For more information on eligibility visit our FAQ page.